Friends

Friday, October 23, 2009

Thrifty Thursday #1

Late as usual......This is my first time posting at "Thrifty Thursday" at Tales from Bloggeritaville, but I have been a faithful reader for quite a while.

You can click on the picture to enlarge it.

Last week was pretty fruitful at the local A.R.C. Thrift Store that I haunt a couple times a week. I found lots of old Homer Laughlin creamy white dishes at 25¢ apiece. I have a few other pieces, not in the photo, that I have slowly been collecting. Monday while in the city I stopped at Goodwill and was about to leave empty handed when I spotted this cute swan soup tureen; it was $1.98. I scooped it up fast as I saw another lady headed toward it.



Thanks for dropping by and commenting.

13 comments:

Marti said...

I love those white dishes, and for $.25 each I would be in heaven! I also like your rooster dishes; they look great on that plaid tablecloth. I think that is the prettiest tablescape I have seen yet.

Diann said...

Wow! You got some great deals! love the dishes and the soup tureen!

Have a great day!

Unknown said...

sorry, but there's no way i could slurp down soup from the under side of a fowl!!!....just breakin' yur chops!!!....your loving baby sister...
j

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Your tablescape is beautiful....Loved visiting your blog...Blog hopping is one of my favorite things to do.
Hope you will stop by my Christmas blog...a great giveaway will be given away Sunday night....

http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/
http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com

cindy said...

LOVE white dishes lately. You scored! I happened across 4 vintage straffordshire dishes with the underlyling crackling...*swoon* Loving that tureen too! Fun!
peace.

Jane said...

What a great find! White dishes are my favorite...you can use them in so many ways.
I once had that tureen...a wedding present. In my youthful innocence, I sold it at a garage sale. Now, I am kicking myself...

Jane (artfully graced)

ps Thanks for stopping by the gourd/band room.

Kathleen said...

I posted a comment and it is gone!

The dishes are great, and I just LOVE the soup tureen..
Price please!

A Grain of Salt said...

What great finds! Lucky you.

Marsha said...

What great finds - I can almost picture you running for the tureen :) I've been there done that.

Carol said...

You got some great things, Marigene! Love the whites! I'm laughing how you nabbed the swan before the other lady got to it :) Now that's a good shopper!

Sue said...

I have actually nudged people out of the way when I saw them heading for something at GW that I wanted....I have gotten some good stuff being pushy....You have to be fast!

Cass @ That Old House said...

I love your dishes, and the tureen is darling. What a great find! Glad you beat the other woman to it. It helps to have sharp pointy elbows when you are shopping at a thrift shop!
Cass

Unknown said...

Wow, lovely things, great job!