Friends

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Fall In With Me!



First off, my computer has been down for almost two full days, due to my ISP..I am sure Vyve is getting really sick of me calling complaining! I will be looking for a new carrier, this is becoming a pain in the butt. I apologize if I didn't get to visit you...will try this week!

I have fallen into fall...looks like it is finally here...cool, crisp days and even cooler nights. We still don't have much in the way of color, still a lot of green here on the prairie for this time of year. I just hope we don't jump right into winter before we have had time to enjoy fall.

This gorgeous tablecloth the inspiration for this week's fall table. It is beautiful cranberries, rusts, greens and black on white. I have so many ideas for tables this year...not sure I will get to all of them, though. I have used plain terra cotta hemstitched napkins held with a resin napkin holder made just for fall. Check out the cute little acorns on them!


The plate stack begins with a black woven charger that I have used many, many times. On top of the charger is a raspberry dinner plate topped with a sage green luncheon plate. The top 2 layers are a cranberry dessert plate and finally a maroon cabbage leaf salad plate.





The black stemware is probably Libbey; the shape, I believe, is called tulip. If anyone knows for sure, let me know. Actually, when held up to the light it is a deep purple.


I think I told you all that I would like to find Oxford Hall Fashion Wear flatwear in all the colors they produced back in 1973. These are the terra cotta ones. I have all of the colors now except the true red...in fact I have no flatware in red!


The centerpiece is the large cabbage leaf salad filled with fruit and green candle holders.





I did three tables for the Walker Art Tour in my little town over the weekend...these are the simple tables I did... an all pink for breast cancer awareness month, a fall table and a simple red/white/green Christmas table. The tour is done in several businesses and the library...my tables were in a little family owned restaurant.




Thanks for taking the time to visit today...please leave a comment so I know you were here. Do come back the next time.

I will be joining
What We Accomplished Wednesday/Green Willow Pond
What's It Wednesday/Ivy and Elephants 
Flaunt It Friday/Chic On A Shoestring Decorating
Table It/Rustic & Refined


15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the reds and black together....the cabbage leaf plate is so cool!
love you,
jude

Anonymous said...

Love the fall-themed tablescape even though we are having a very warm Indian Summer here. About 80 today! bbb

Denise at Forest Manor said...

Hi Marigene,

I'm sorry about your computer problems; that is so frustrating, isn't it? Our internet was in and out all day yesterday, and last night, we could barely watch our shows on cable TV.

All four of your tables are so nice, Marigene! I love the pretty table runner on your first table -- such rich, gorgeous fall colors. Everything blends beautifully. I'm amazed at how many colors of the cabbage plates you have; I didn't know they came in that many colors! You've used them beautifully on your tables.

Like you, I have lots of ideas for tablescapes this year, but I don't know if I'll find time to do them all or not. I can always try, right? :-D

Thanks for sharing with us and have a great week!

Big Hugs,

Denise

Jan said...

I'm sorry to hear of your computer server problems. It's so frustrating. But your photos are gorgeous - those plates are so "Autumnly" and beautiful.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Love that tablecloth! It really has some gorgeous colors in it. Love the plate stack also. This makes me want to sit right down to dinner. I love that you used your skills as a tablescaper to do those tables for your community. FUN!
hugs,
Linda

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

I'd love to know how many colors of cabbage ware you own :) Love the cranberry color and so pretty with that gorgeous cloth.

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

I know how frustrating it is to have computer problems. Hope you can get to the bottom of it soon. I've never seen a maroon cabbage leaf salad plate. What a beautiful cloth, and pretty fall table.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Your Fall tablescape is fabulous!!! The stack of plates is gorgeous, starting from the black charger...you did an amazing job as usual dear Marigene! Love- every-single-detail-here! Adore the leaf plates, well EVERYTHING!
Hugs,
FABBY

Lulu said...

Right down to you tray full of fruit your table is totally fall. These days I'm totally attracted to colored flatware, so I'm liking yours.

Ivy and Elephants said...

What lovely tablescapes, love those dishes and color combinations. We'd love for you to share at WIW, too.
Hugs,
Patti

Pat said...

Marigene,
Been wonderin' where you were, dear friend!!! Glad to know it's only computer problems and nothing more serious!
I love this Fall tablescape!!! Such a gorgeous tablecloth and you played off its color palette beautifully!!! Those napkin rings are charming, indeed.
The tablescapes for your Town are lovely, too. Of course, I'm drawn to the table decorated for Fall. . .my favorite Season of the Year!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

I love this one. That flatware is great. I've decided that I don't have nearly enough, so that is my next focus. The cabbage leaf plates, I want. Swoon!

Thriftanista in the City said...

Love the tablescapes. They are very warm and inviting.Beautiful pieces too.

Poppy said...

So, so pretty! Where to begin? Well, the fruit bowl, for me, represents the beautiful autumn colour of the leaves during this time, which, like the fruit are so crisp and refreshing and vibrant.

Thanks for sharing your charming tablescape, Marigene!

Poppy

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Computer issues are so frustrating, Marigene! Your Fall table is so pretty. The tablecloth is so perfect for setting the stage for your layers of dishes.