Friends

Saturday, March 21, 2015

Sunny Days, Blue Skies


We have had some nice sunny days with beautiful blue skies along with a couple gray rainy days, that we really needed.

I had a new blue gingham shower curtain that I knew I wouldn't be using so I asked a friend to make napkins and a tablerunner if she could eke out enough fabric. They came out beautifully and she even added coordinating fabric and made a reversible runner. Thank you so much, Joen.  I have had the placemats for ages...just waiting for the perfect pieces to go with them!






I finally broke down and bought the Pier One white wood chargers that I have coveted for ages, but wouldn't fork out the money...they were on sale for 20%. The dishes are Bordallo Pinheiro white dinner plate and blue luncheon plate, that I like using for salads. The luncheon plates are quite hard to find and were a little overpriced! The flatware is Oxford Hall Fashion Wear in navy. My favorite glassware is the cobalt Artland Iris...it is one of the most vibrant blue glassware I have seen.



 I forgot to pick up the white tulips I had planned on using...so I used faux ranunculus and Gerbera daisies with plain blue candlesticks to adorn the tablerunner.


I spent most of the week painting the base to the hutch my favorite color...not sure if I will paint the top or leave it like it is. If I leave it, all those white tureens will be going back to the thrift store! Big decision...what do you think...as is or put the top back on?

Thanks for taking the time to visit today...hope you will return next time. Have a great weekend.



22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really love the tablescape. I miss seeing the hutch top but you will do what suits you best. bbb

Anonymous said...

Certainly is reminiscent of clear blue sky! Love the bright blues...
love you,
jude

Janneke said...

Lovely tablerunner and napkins and that made of a shower curtain....

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

I love the blues - and the napkins are perfect. I think I would put the top back on - I'm always a big fan of more space for dishes. :-) Love that color too.

janice15 said...

I love Blue so you won myheart very fast. It all looks wonderful. Happy Spring with love Janice

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Beautiful! Love the blues and whites! I like the hutch top but as others said, do what makes you happy! I always need more storage!
hugs,
Linda

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

Beautiful tablescape and I love the table runner and napkins.
Thanks for sharing this beautiful post.
Mary

Rita C at Panoply said...

Your table makes me happy!

Pat said...

Marigene,
This tablescape is cheerful, dear one!!!
Blue and white such a classic combination!!! Although you didn't find white florals. . .I love the contrast of the yellow!!!
White tureens look marvelous anywhere you place them!!!
We, too, are experiencing gorgeous weather on our side of the Prairie. . .just hoping for a few "early" April Showers!!!
Fondly,
Pat

DD's Cottage said...

Love the table Marigene-especially the napkins!

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

Those placemats are beautiful, and the table runner and napkins look wonderful with it. Love a bright blue sky! It hasn't warmed up yet, but it may get to 50 the next few days.

thepaintedapron.com said...

Oh I love your fabric mixes, the check is perfect with the rooster mats, it looks like French country! How nice of your friend to sew for you, and of course you have blue cabbage plates to match! Seriously, how many colors of cabbage dishes do you have Marigene, you seem to have a set in every color!
Jenna

Candy S said...

Marigene, I love your new blue cabbage salad plates, they look beautiful with the white cabbage dinner plates and your new chargers, the colors seem to be imitating blue skies and fluffy white clouds. The addition of the yellow ranunculus centerpiece was like adding brilliant sunshine to your table. Your friend did a fabulous job of sewing the napkins and table runner too. They look wonderful with the Oxford flatware and those stunning blue goblets.

You did a fabulous job painting the buffet, I love that color of green. I think your white tureens would look stunning against the green.

Dianne said...

The bright blue is so refreshing. I love your new napkins and runner. I too have coveted those chargers, but haven't sprung for them yet. They look great with your table. Dianne

Unknown said...

Such a pretty table. I love those blue checked napkins with the runner to coordinate!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Hi Marigene,
I love your cheery table. Didn't those napkins and table runner turn out great? You mix of dishes is so pretty.
I love your green hutch base, but I'm missing the top. However, Do what makes you smile!

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

I am back from my Sacramento trip and catching up with my lovely ladies.
Beautiful joyful blue, brightens up my spirits and oh I love the description of your glassware...Cobalt Artland Iris blue.

Have a lovely Week!
xo
Jemma

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

I love blue but it just doesn't work in our home. I try to wear it instead :) Perfect table for the first days of spring.

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

I am totally crushing on this gorgeous table! I love everything. The gingham napkins charmed me, the placemats wowed me, and those blue cabbage plates made me swoon. This time I noticed the green sideboard. Love it!

Pam Richardson said...

Marigene, I always love blue and white! This is so much fun and always classic! The table runner and placemats are perfect! Blessings, Pam (everydayliving.me)

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

You are just so talented when it comes to tablescapes! Your colors are stunning in this one. Perfection!! :)

Maiah Harrison said...

Hi Marigene, wow, I love those flower shaped plates... they are perfect for spring and your tablescapes are beautiful. That would surely make a nice dinner even much nicer!