Friends

Saturday, October 1, 2016

Nut Gathering!


This is the time of year the squirrels are busy running back and forth with nuts in their mouths. I love sitting at the computer watching them scamper back and forth looking for a place to hide their bounty.
I first saw these squirrel plates in an ad on FB, so the next time I was near a Pier One Imports store I ran in and picked up half a dozen. They didn't have the dinner plates that matched...was told to order them online! The sales people in the store, I most frequent, are the rudest ladies of any store I shop at.




The tablecloth is one I have had for ages, it came from a thrift store years ago...I think it is actually a shawl. The rich autumn colors went well with the colors in the salad plates. I couldn't find the napkins I really wanted to use, so grabbed these as they had some of the same colors as the cloth. They are held with grapevine napkin rings.




I started the plate stack with woven chargers, a white dinner plate and lastly the salad plate. I wanted the salad plate to be seen immediately.


The glassware is an amber iced tea. The flatware is the trusty, simple stainless.





I had to have a squirrel as the centerpiece so I put her up on a pedestal flanked by clear candle holders with acorns/candles.

My daughter collects squirrel things, so I am always on the lookout for for them!




Thanks for visiting today, hope you will return next time.

Tablecloth-thrift store
Napkins-Pottery Barn
Napkin rings/Pier One Imports
Woven chargers-thrift store and WalMart
Dinner plate-Royal Staffordshire
Squirrel salad plate-Pier One Imports
Glassware-Indiana Whitehall
Flatware-International
Squirrel-TJMaxx
Clear candle  holder/vases-thrift store
Candles/WalMart
Acorns/My sister in Vermont

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love to watch squirrels. They sure are busy gathering their food because winter isn't far away here. Very cool and a little drizzle today. Make sure you tell your squirrels they made a terrific tablescape.

DD's Cottage said...

What a cutie of a squirrel and love the Fall colors of your table!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

What a perfect autumn table - once again you have the cutest dishes. I had to go over to Pier One online - and see the dishes - the dinner plates don't have the squirrel - just the leaves - but they are cute too.

I love all the accessories - everything goes together so well - just lovely.

Happy weekend my friend.

Blondie's Journal said...

What a pretty table, Marigene! Love the fall colors and of course, squirrels are the official symbol of fall. They are all over my yard with my walnut trees and I have 1000 holes dug up in my grass.

To be honest, I would rather have salad/dessert plates. I love to mix and match and I do it every season and holiday with white plates and then a pattern, theme or color layered with the salad plate.

The Pier 1 close to me has one sales lady who is overbearing. The rest are very nice. Last Christmas I was looking for a random gift for a friend and she helped me put together a grouping of items within my price point. You can win or lose. Overall I think they are overpriced and try to stay away!!!! ;-D

Jane

Linda @ A La Carte said...

This is so cute! I love the squirrel plates. The cooler weather is so nice!
hugs!

Debbie - Mountain Mama said...

Absolutely adorable! You truly have the most wonderful tablescapes!!

thepaintedapron.com said...

Oh your squirrel is adorable Marigene! I have pesky squirrels all over the place so I am usually not enamored by them, but your table is an exception! I love your Nut Gathering!
Jenna

Pat said...

Marigene,
Absolutely a d o r a b l e!
Your centerpiece has a striking resemblance to our "resident" squirrel. . .Fred!
Love the printed table linens and the rustic hues!
Cute, cute, cute salad plates!
Fondly,
Pat

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

What a darling table! It is one of my very favorites! Hope you are doing well Marigene.

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

What a darling table! This is one of my very favorites ever!

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

This table is so cute. I haven't visited many blogs lately, so thought I'd start with yours. I love everything here. Great colors, wonderfully, whimsical squirrel plates, beautiful linens, cute touch with the acorns at the bottom of the candle holders, etc. Very inviting!

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Hi Marigene, your table is so darn cute. Love the title and theme. Your chosen colors are perfect for this fall table.

candlelightsupper said...

What gorgeous colors you have used. I love the squirrel plates, they are beautiful. I love the centerpiece squirrel. Another perfectly beautiful table!

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Such a cute fun post with your squirrel and nuts. Nice plates and love the cloth and napkins. We were just in the yard yesterday cleaning up hickory nuts on the driveway and moving them to the back yard under another tree. Hope the squirrels go out there and eat them all and leave my feeder food for the birds. Take care.

Red River Interiors said...

Great fabrics! I love the beautiful warm table setting. You're ahead of the game. I'm still lamenting summer.

Fay

Denise at Forest Manor said...

This is a gorgeous table, Marigene! You have everything coordinated so perfectly, and I love all the fall colors and patterns. When I was little, I thought squirrels were the cutest creatures, but now, I'm not so fond of them. You may have seen my posts about the squirrels destroying my flower pots while looking for a place to hide their treasures? I feel like they've declared war on me. All that hard work (and money spent) to make the front porch look welcoming, and it's all I can do to stay a step ahead of the destructive little devils. ;>)

In spite of all that, I do think your plates are lovely and the centerpiece is charming. This is truly my favorite time of year! Have a good week, Marigene. :)

Hugs,

Denise

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

Marigene, Those plates certainly have captured the squirrels at their cutest, with their tiny paws and adorable expressions! They are so entertaining hopping around my yard and looking in the windows. I am chuckling at your comment about the Pier One ladies. We have a Pottery Barn nearby which is just like that. You are very lucky to have a sister to send you acorns from Vermont! Linda

Karen (Back Road Journal) said...

The squirrel plates are so cute and your table setting reminds me of our cottage in Maine. We had large oak trees and the squirrels would go crazy in the fall getting the acorns out of them.

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

Jacqueline said...

They can be so adorable, and I just love them on the plates and the center of the table. What darling faces! They can be pesky - when they are stealing your nuts, that you have saved, so I think I almost like them best on the table!!!