Friends

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Monthly Luncheon For The Girls

It was our girls' monthly luncheon was Thursday. I started with the Mr. MacGregor's Garden tablecloth that was found a year or so ago for $2.50 at Savers, they had 50% off certain things on a Monday, think they called it a managers special. To this I added white napkins folded to hold the flatware, also a Savers buy, a dozen for $1.99...I have no idea why they were priced so low as they are really nice ones...maybe people don't like white, any longer?




The white Johnson Brothers Snowhite Regency charger is topped with a Bordallo Pinheiro green cabbage leaf plate. The salad bowls are Minton and Royal Bayreuth. Unfortunately, I only have 6 of the Minton which match the JB chargers.


The flatware is Oneida Louisiana.


The iced tea glasses are Whitehall by Colony in amber.


The "centerpiece" was a little Fitz and Floyd egg pedestal with filled plastic eggs...so original! I got the pedestal at Goodwill a couple years ago for $2.99 less 25% senior discount for a total of $2.25. The gold, white and green candlesticks were a Savers purchase a few months ago.


The menu was an ever present green salad, spinach/artichoke chicken with farfalle, which was adapted from Add A Pinch blog, and garlic bread. Dessert was mini lemon curd tarts I found a few years ago on Mika's blog 350 Degree Oven, some I added raspberry preserves and others strawberry preserves, which I had seen recently on Yvonne's blog Stone Gable. Nothing like a carb loaded lunch...I think everyone enjoyed it, though!



Paper mache eggs hanging from the chandelier.


Thanks for visiting today...do come back the next time.


18 comments:

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

Yor tablescape looks so pretty. I bet the girls really liked all your lovely Easter decor. They look like they were having a good time.
Happy Easter to you and yours.
Mary

Pat said...

Marigene,
All my favorite dishes are at your tablescape, dear friend!!! I'm just beginning my collection of the Johnson whites and always on the look out for additional pieces to go with my Bordallo Pinheiro Collection, as well!!!
Love your adorable MacGregor tablecloth!!! The black & white bunny salt & peppers have totally stolen my heart!!!
Your Lemon tarts look divinely delicious!!!
A Blessed Easter to you, dear one!!!
Fondly,
Pat

ellen b. said...

What a fun gathering. The table is so inviting and what's not to love about those tasty sounding treats!
Happy Easter to you and yours!

Anonymous said...

Where as my name tag? So wish I could have been there. bbb

Kathleen said...

I just love that tablecloth, adorable! Great table, perfect with the cabbage bowls, and the treats look delicious!
Happy Easter Marigene! I just realized I threw out all the plastic eggs last year. It took so long to match up different brands. I thought I would start fresh, but didn't remember till an hour ago! I have to hit $Tree in the morning. Right now I am up to my elbows in cooking mess!

Barbara F. said...

I bet the ladies really enjoyed themselves. Love the table and those tartlets look so yummy! Happy Easter! xo

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Marigene what a cute tablecloth. I think you added just the right details to make this a really fun lunch!
Hugs, Linda

Lulu said...

You are a wonder when it comes to finding bargains! How very lucky your friends were to enjoy gathering at your ever so happy table filled, I'm sure, with good cheer. Happy Easter, my friend.

Dianne said...

I just love the tablecloth and the glassware you chose are just perfect with it. I have a huge set of the Regency, but didn't realize they had charger too. Oh dear, more to collect. Happy Easter. Dianne

Meike said...

The lemon tartlets look so cute, I'm sure they were delicious! Your table is colourful and pretty as always! Happy Easter Marigene!

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

I wish we had a Savers here! You have found some wonderful things there. I think the white napkins are beautiful. Your friends were treated to a beautiful table and delicious lunch!

Rosemary and Thyme said...

Your table is very pretty Marigene. Love all the details. The plates are gorgeous. How wonderful to gather with friends. You are a great host.

Janet

Candy S said...

Oh Marigene. Your Easter Luncheon table is gorgeous!! I love the the cabbage plates with the white Johnson Brothers charger plates. What a find on the Mr. MacGregors Garden tablecloth,I am so in love with that design. And the napkin's are perfect. Beautiful!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Oh Marigene, that table cloth just set the stage, didn't it? It looks perfect with your cabbage dishes. I love the paper mâché eggs hanging from the chandelier. I know all your friends had a fabulous time!

Deborah Montgomery said...

Oh, this is so pretty! I love the Peter Rabbit tablecloth and those cabbage leaf plates. anything Fitz and Floyd is beautiful in my book. What great deals you scored on everything!! and those paper mache eggs are gorgeous! I'm sure all your guests felt very loved and pampered.

Bonnie said...

Margene, I love your paper mache eggs hanging from the chandy and that is the cutest tablecloth. How fun to have Mr. McGreger's Garden just for you on Easter. Your Bordallo Pinheiro plates work perfectly with you other dishes to create a first rate Easter tablescape.

The French Hutch said...

Hi Marigene, I adore your Mr. MacGregor's tablecloth and what a bargain! Love your plate stack, especially the cabbage leaf plates for this setting, just perfect. I know the ladies look forward to your hosting...
Happy Spring...........

Karen (Back Road Journal) said...

It sounds like a wonderful luncheon. I'm sure everyone enjoyed your beautifully set table as well as the food. I can't believe the bargain on the nice napkins. :)