Friends

Thursday, December 27, 2012

New Year's Eve Table

It is hard to believe we are about to enter into a new year...still haven't figured out where this one has gone.




As a Christmas gift from my husband I recently added several pieces to my favorite china, Noritake Luray.  This pattern first came on the market in 1935. They are the ones in my header that I have had so many comments on. This is what we dine on every New Years Eve that we don't go out. I was able to add another four 7-piece place settings. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find more square salad plates, but found the round ones. Not shown today are the berry bowls and bread/butter plates or any serving pieces.

I tried a white tablecloth, but didn't like how the china looked against it, so went with black...still don't like it in the photos. Maybe I am just tired...therefore very little dialogue and pictures today.





















Pieces shown are the dinner, luncheon, salad plates, cream soup with underplate, cup and saucer.
I have used the International Silver Frontenac flatware. The crystal is Towle Leyland and Cristal d'Arques Longchamps both found in thrift stores for less than a dollar a piece.
The linen napkins are some I inherited from my late mother-in-law. Gold beaded napkin rings are from Savers and the faux peacock clip on Christmas ornaments are from WalMart.

The centerpiece is beaded gold candles nestled in aqua and gold fabric. 

I want to thank all my viewers and followers for being faithful each week...you are really what inspires me! I want to also thank all the ladies that do the link ups each week...I really do enjoy linking up with you.

Wishing you all a new year filled with good health, much wealth and love. Happy New Year!

Please follow me around this week, we will be stopping along the way at...

Let's Dish with Cuisine Kathleen
Thrifty Things Friday with The Thrifty Groove
Seasonal Sundays with The Tablescaper

18 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

Very pretty china...I can see why it's your favorite! Love your silver, too. I always enjoy visiting, your tablescapes are always beautiful and give me great ideas!

Happy New Year to you, too!

XO,
Jane

Alycia Nichols said...

Whoa, Marigene!!! Talk about pretty!!! I am so glad you were able to add to your collection! You know how much that pattern is admired by EVERYBODY in blog land!!! I think you made the right decision by forgoing the white tablecloth. The black just kind of fades into the background so you don't even really notice the color. It's kind of like how artists use a black background behind their paintings...it's like it's not even there! Very pretty table! I feel you on the tired thing. Me, too. I have been such a squatter all day today. Just generally hanging out. I did get some laundry done, but that was done so half-heartedly that it probably doesn't even count! :-) Have a Happy New Year!!!

Anonymous said...

It's absolutely beautiful.....too nice to mess up by sitting down to a meal and using it! Love the aqua/turquoise against the black.
What a great way to end the year.
LY,
Delma

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Beautiful tablescape, Marigene! The china is breathtaking! What a wonderful gift! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. Now I am off to catch up on your gorgeous tablescapes....too much babysitting with the grands!...hugs....Debbie

The Tablescaper said...

This china is beautiful. I can so understand that it's your favorite.

- The Tablescaper

Crystal Grandeur said...



Hi Marigene...like you i love to collect dishes.love your beautiful dishes in this post.they are so elegant. very pretty table setting.hope you had great Xmas.Best wishes for New Year.thank you to visit me and leave a nice comment...sujatha.:):):)

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Margiene,
I do so love your china, the colors are simply wonderful, so pretty. Also very feminine.
Actually, I think the black tablecloth was great.......it really set the china off, sort of like a diamond ring against a black drop,
always what they use at a jewelry store to make it look even better.
That is really great you were able to add to your collection, always fun to add to any collection.....lol

May you be blessed with a joyous New Year,
Nellie

Anonymous said...

A perfect table for us to celebrate our 47th anniversary on January 1! Hugs, bbb

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Marigene that is such gorgeous china and I'm glad you were able to add more to your collection. The table is beautiful and the gorgeous aqua/blue color. I have missed tablescaping and hope to return to it soon! Wishing you a wonderful New Year! hugs, Linda

Tricia said...

I really love that china pattern, Marigene! The cream soups and teacups are SO pretty, with the little flowers inside. I love the shade of blue/aqua the pattern features, too!

Meredith said...

This pattern is stunning . Your hold centerpiece and napkin rings add just the right touch! Happy New Year!

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Marigene, that china would look pretty on any color tablecloth. The aqua and gold in the center is the perfecct accompaniment. Happy 2013 to you! laurie

Jeannie and Linda said...

Oh Marigene I am so glad you visited us so I could return the visit! Your china is just gorgeous! How did you first discover it? The silver and crystal are equally beautiful. I love that you found your crystal at thrift stores. I have done the same for so many of my little treasures. Of course we are joining your lovely blog.

Happy New Year!

Linda and Jeannie @ The French Hens Nest

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

What a beautiful china pattern and silverware! Yes, this past year seems like it went by far too quickly. Happy 2013 to you, Marigene!

On Crooked Creek said...

Marigene,
Now, I know the story of your header!!! Lovely china, dear friend!!! Your tablescape is exquisite!!! I have throughly enjoyed your post and your tablescapes always inspire me to get out my dishes and play!!!
Have a Happy New Year, dear friend!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Sarah said...

I've long admired the china in your header. How nice of your husband to add more of this beautiful set to your cupboards. Your New Year's Eve table is gorgeous. I like the black tablecloth. Love that beautiful silver too. It's very elegant.
Thanks for sharing your tablescapes with us. I agree with you about all the ladies who host the parties each week. I'm most appreciative to both them and our readers. ;-)
Happy New Year! ~ Sarah

Kathleen said...

That china is gorgeous! So glad you were gifted with some more for your collection! Santa missed my house this year.
Happy 2013 and thanks for linking to Let's Dish!

Monica @ Happily Playing with Dishes said...

I have always wanted to see you create a tablescape with these beautiful dishes. It looks great!! I have the same champagne glasses. Happy New Year!!